This includes discussions about information that:
• Falls into one of the listed types: trade secret, scientific, technical, commercial, financial, or labour relations information;
• Was supplied confidentially, whether explicitly or implicitly, to the municipality by a third party; and
• If disclosed, could reasonably be expected to cause harm, either by prejudicing significantly the competitive position or interfering significantly with the contractual or other negotiations of a person, group of persons or organization
This does not include discussions:
• Where the information did not come from a third party
• Where there is only a merely possible or speculative risk of harm if the information were to be disclosed
This exception was introduced on January 1, 2018, through changes to the Municipal Act, 2001.